- Built-in Safe
- Free WiFi
- Pets Allowed
- Room Services
Griffonia simplicifolia seed extract, a West African plant, 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is a derivative of the amino acid tryptophan and is converted to the neurotransmitter serotonin in the brain. Serotonin is one of the primary neurotransmitters involved in happiness and anti-depression. Extensive research has linked serotonin imbalance with depression and anxiety disorders, and proven tryptophan supplement to be an effective remedy for symptoms associated with these disorders.
5-HTP works in the brain and central nervous system by increasing the production of the chemical serotonin. Serotonin can affect sleep, appetite, temperature, sexual behavior, and pain sensation. Since 5-HTP increases the synthesis of serotonin, it is used for several diseases where serotonin is believed to play an important role including depression, insomnia, obesity, and many other conditions.
It has been found that due to anxiety and stress, the levels of Serotonin get dropped in our body and we do not have too many food items available in the market that help us in increasing this chemical serotonin.
The administration of 5-HTP products assist in combating the effects of sleep disorders such as insomnia and irregular sleep pattern. The release of serotonin triggered by the consumption of 5-HTP is one of the leading causes of its effectiveness in improving the quality of sleep.
The weight loss potential of 5-HTP supplements is inextricably linked to its ability to increase the production of serotonin. It has been observed that an obese person has low levels of Serotonin in his body. This is because lesser the level of this very important chemical serotonin in your body, likely are your chances of feeling hungrier and thus ending up overeating.
People with low Serotonin levels cannot control their appetite. Hence leading to obesity, this in turn is a major input to undesirable feelings like anxiety, depression and irritation. So it is a good idea to include 5-HTP in your otherwise ineffective weight loss programs.
5-HTP HEALTH BENEFITS
- Depression – Depression has been linked to serotonin imbalances in the brain. Supplementing with 5-HTP may increase serotonin synthesis and reduce symptoms.
- Fibromyalgia – People with fibromyalgia often have low serotonin levels in their blood. 5-HTP Supplement may increase serotonin synthesis in these cases.
- Insomnia – 5-HTP is converted into serotonin and might, therefore, be helpful for insomnia. In one study, supplementing with 5-HTP appeared to improve sleep quality.
- Eating Disorders – 5-HTP has been shown to reduce appetite in weight control and diabetes trials. However, what effect 5-HTP has on people with eating disorders is unknown.
- Headache – Taking the supplement 5-hydroxytryptophan may lessen headache frequency and limit the need for pain-relieving medications.
- Obesity – 5-HTP has been shown to reduce appetite and to promote weight loss.
- Weight Loss – A number of sources describe the dietary benefits of consuming
5-HTP to assist weight loss program.