Fresh Griffonia seeds contain up to 20% 5-HTP by weight. In the body, 5-HTP is an important building block used to synthesize Serotonin. As one of the key neurotransmitters for controlling mood and sleep, increasing levels of Serotonin may alleviate anxious thoughts, promote feelings of well-being, and improve sleep.
Health benefits of 5-HTP include the following
- Depression – Depression has been linked to serotonin imbalances in the brain. Supplementing with S-HTP may increase serotonin synthesis and reduce symptoms.
- Fibromyalgia – People with fibromyalgia often have low serotonin levels in their blood. 5-HTP Supplement may increase serotonin synthesis in these cases.
- Insomnia – 5-HTP is converted into serotonin and might, therefore, be helpful for insomnia that is, improving sleep quality.
- Eating Disorders — 5-HTP has been shown to reduce appetite in weight control and diabetes trials.
- Headache – Taking the supplement 5-hydroxytryptophan may lessen headache frequency and limit the need for pain-relieving medications.
- Obesity and Weight Loss – 5-HTP has been shown to reduce appetite and to promote weight loss.